Dr. Wassia Khaja Ahmed is a board certified ophthalmologist, specializing in general ophthalmology, cataract surgery, and oculoplastic surgery. She completed her undergraduate training at the University of Texas- Austin in Plan II Honors program and Biology where she graduated magna cum laude. She subsequently pursued her medical degree at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas followed by a residency in ophthalmology at University of Florida. While at the University of Florida she was appointed Chief Resident in Ophthalmology and her clinical, surgical, and research interests in oculoplastics led her to a fellowship in oculoplastics and orbital diseases under the guidance of Dr. David Kostick at Florida Eye Specialists in Jacksonville.
She has authored a number of ophthalmology research posters and publications and has presented at numerous grand rounds, journal clubs, and surgical conferences.
What is Blepharoplasty?
What is Ptosis?
Surgical services offered by Wassia Khaja Ahmed, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Upper blepharoplasty
- Lower blepharoplasty (trans-conjunctival and trans-cutaneous)
- Ptosis repair (internal and external)
- Brow lifts (endoscopic, temporal, direct)
- Skin resurfacing (chemical peel, laser)
- Scar revisions
- Botox ® / Xeomin ® / Cosmetic Fillers
- Ptosis repair: internal, external, frontalis suspension
- Entropion repair upper and lower lids
- Ectropion repair upper and lower lids
- Upper and lower lid retraction repair
- Gold and platinum weights for lagophthalmos
- Floppy eyelid syndrome repair
- Excision of lesions (skin tags to complete lid reconstruction)
- Reconstruction: (post-trauma, post-tumor, post-cosmetic, etc.)
… skin grafts, skin flaps, tarso-conjunctival flaps, AlloDerm ® graft, etc
- Lateral and medial canthoplasty
- Anophthalmic socket
- Secondary implants
- Contracted socket repair
- Orbital and Lacrimal gland fossa tumors
- Biopsies and excisions
- Reconstruction: (post-trauma, post-tumor, congenital defects, etc.)
- Punctal plugs
- Lacrimal stents
- Dacryocystorhinostomy (external and endoscopic)
- Jones’ tube insertion, replacement, reposition
- Reconstruction: (post-trauma, post-tumor, congenital, canaliculitis, etc.)
- Cataract Removal
- Ocular cicatricial pemphigoid
- Fornix reconstruction with amniotic membrane, AlloDerm®, oral mucosal graft
- Blepharospasm, Hemifacial spasm, Eyelid Apraxia
- Botulinum injections (Botox®, Xeomin®)
- Frontalis suspension