Dr. Wassia Khaja Ahmed is a board-certified ophthalmologist and fellowship-trained oculoplastic surgeon. She completed her undergraduate training at the University of Texas- Austin in Plan II Honors program and Biology where she graduated magna cum laude and received special honors for being the top 1% of her graduating class. She subsequently pursued her medical degree at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas followed by a residency in ophthalmology at University of Florida. While at the University of Florida she was appointed Chief Resident in Ophthalmology and her clinical, surgical, and research interests in oculoplastics led her to a fellowship in oculoplastics and orbital diseases under the guidance of Dr. David Kostick at Florida Eye Specialists in Jacksonville. Dr. Khaja has been in practice for over 7 years and has performed over 4000 successful surgeries.
Dr. Khaja is an expert at cosmetic oculoplastic surgery and facial rejuvenation using non-surgical treatments, including Botox, Fillers, laser treatments, and Kybella. She has traveled to national conferences to get the latest on new treatments from international experts. Check out her Instagram page @drwkhaja for videos and before and after photos. You can also visit her Real Self profile for reviews from happy patients.
Dr. Khaja has award-winning research experience, with numerous peer-reviewed publications and presentations at national conferences. She has also presented at numerous grand rounds, journal clubs, and surgical conferences. In her spare time, Dr. Khaja likes to travel, play sports, and spend time with her family on the beach!
What is Blepharoplasty?
What is Ptosis?
Surgical services offered by Wassia Khaja Ahmed, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Upper blepharoplasty
- Lower blepharoplasty (trans-conjunctival and trans-cutaneous)
- Ptosis repair (internal and external)
- Brow lifts (endoscopic, temporal, direct)
- Skin resurfacing (chemical peel, laser)
- Scar revisions
- Botox ® / Xeomin ® / Cosmetic Fillers
- Ptosis repair: internal, external, frontalis suspension
- Entropion repair upper and lower lids
- Ectropion repair upper and lower lids
- Upper and lower lid retraction repair
- Gold and platinum weights for lagophthalmos
- Floppy eyelid syndrome repair
- Excision of lesions (skin tags to complete lid reconstruction)
- Reconstruction: (post-trauma, post-tumor, post-cosmetic, etc.)
… skin grafts, skin flaps, tarso-conjunctival flaps, AlloDerm ® graft, etc
- Lateral and medial canthoplasty
- Anophthalmic socket
- Secondary implants
- Contracted socket repair
- Orbital and Lacrimal gland fossa tumors
- Biopsies and excisions
- Reconstruction: (post-trauma, post-tumor, congenital defects, etc.)
- Punctal plugs
- Lacrimal stents
- Dacryocystorhinostomy (external and endoscopic)
- Jones’ tube insertion, replacement, reposition
- Reconstruction: (post-trauma, post-tumor, congenital, canaliculitis, etc.)
- Cataract Removal
- Ocular cicatricial pemphigoid
- Fornix reconstruction with amniotic membrane, AlloDerm®, oral mucosal graft
- Blepharospasm, Hemifacial spasm, Eyelid Apraxia
- Botulinum injections (Botox®, Xeomin®)
- Frontalis suspension