Dr. Kenzo Koike was recently on Flagler Radio to discuss the safety protocols the team at Florida Eye Specialists is using to help combat the spread of COVID-19. Listen here:
- We are not allowing any sick patients or staff into the office, and everyone’s temperature is checked upon arrival.
- Masks are worn at all times by patients and staff, so we can all be protected.
- We’re keeping contact extremely limited. Only patients are allowed in-clinic, while we ask guests or caretakers to wait in their cars. We’re expediting patients to get them to appointments faster, as our waiting rooms are limited to 10 patients at a time, at least 6 feet a part.
- Hand washing is an important safety measure as well, so we are asking that patients wash their hands upon arrival. Staff and doctors are wearing gloves at all times, and we are washing our hands between all patients.
- Finally, all our exam rooms and common areas are sanitized between patients, following CDC guidelines.