The board-certified fellowship-trained physicians at Florida Eye Specialists are recognized in their respective ophthalmic subspecialties for their leadership and contributions to the advancement of eye care. Our doctors are engaged in clinical trials and lecture frequently to other eye doctors locally and at national meetings. They were some of the first to introduce many state-of-the-art surgical techniques and eye procedures to Northeast Florida in a myriad of ophthalmic trials. Trials involved cataracts, glaucoma, diabetes, dry eye, wet macular degeneration, and herpes. Our team also works with multiple pharmaceutical and medical device companies such as Aerie Pharmaceutical, Alcon, Allysta Pharmaceuticals, Bausch & Lomb, Glaukos, INC Research, Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision, New York University Grossman School of Medicine, Nicox Ophthalmics, and Novo Nordisk.
Because qualification for each Clinical Research Trial is very thorough and unique, we take the time to walk you through what exactly it would mean to participate.
If you would like more information on the current Clinical Research Trials we are involved in, please contact our Clinical Research Department at (904) 267-1584 and she will be happy to discuss it with you.
Current Clinical Trials
Current research trials will be listed below. Click on a study link to learn more. The following links will direct you to the trial description on ClinicalTrials.gov unless otherwise noted. All links open in a new window.
- Zoster Eye Disease Study (ZEDS) | Enrollment Complete
- Post-Approval Study of the TECNIS SYMFONY® Toric Lenses (ANCORA) | Enrollment Complete
- NCX 470 Glaucoma Drop Denali Trial | Now Enrolling
- Post-Approval Study of the CyPass System | Enrollment Complete
- Travoprost Intraocular Implant Clinical Study (Glaukos) | Enrollment Complete
- ALY688 Ophthalmic Solution Oasis-1 Trial | Enrollment Complete
- Diabetic Retinopathy Focus Trial | Enrollment Complete