Meet Wassia Khaja Ahmed, MD. After graduating magna cum laude from the University of Texas-Austin, she earned a medical degree from Houston’s Baylor College of Medicine. Following her appointment as chief ophthalmology resident at the University of Florida, she developed a special interest in oculoplastics. She then completed a fellowship in orbital diseases and oculoplastics.
Dr. Khaja Ahmed is a board-certified ophthalmologist who performs all types of vision care. She has authored a number of research publications and made many presentations at surgical conferences. She maintains a particular interest in oculoplastic surgery. As an oculoplastic surgeon, she is an expert in both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery involving bone and tissue surrounding the eye.
Along with Dr. David Kostick, Dr. Khaja Ahmed heads up our Cosmetic Center, which offers a number of services that can help create a more youthful appearance:
- Blepharoplasty is a type of surgery that rejuvenates a patient’s appearance. You might have heard it called an eye lift or simply eyelid surgery. The eye surgeon removes excess skin, fat, or both from the eyelid area.
- An eyelid ptosis repair corrects the droop that occurs when an eyelid can’t open fully. Because the muscle in the upper lid has become weak, the patient has a sleepy expression.
- A brow lift repairs the hooded structure of an eyebrow that’s drooping, restoring a more youthful, less-fatigued appearance.
- A mid-face lift corrects sagging skin under the cheekbone or creases at the outer nostrils. It rejuvenates the middle and cheek portions of the face.
- Peels and injections create smoother- and fuller-appearing skin with fewer visible wrinkles. The products used include Botulinum (you might recognize it as Botox®), Kybella, hyaluronic acid fillers, and certain chemical peels.
Whether you have cosmetic concerns or medical issues such as cataracts, glaucoma, cornea problems, developing a professional relationship with a physician who is an expert at performing all the procedures you might require is a lifetime investment. Many treatments are performed in the office, providing shortened recovery time and convenient scheduling. Please take a moment to call today to schedule an appointment for a consultation with Dr. Khaja Ahmed. Her passion is excellence in eye care.