Dr. David A. Kostick is a board-certified ophthalmologist and fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He graduated from Tulane University School of Medicine in 1989. He then went on to complete his internship and ophthalmology residency at the Cleveland Clinic in 1993, followed by a 2-year fellowship in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at West Virginia University. Immediately following his training, he joined the ophthalmology department at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida where he served as Assistant Professor and Consultant of Ophthalmology for 16 years. In 2012, he partnered with Dr. Rajesh Shetty at Florida Eye Specialists. Dr. Kostick performs surgery of the eyelids, eye socket and lacrimal system including cosmetic and reconstructive procedures. Since 2005, Dr. Kostick has been consistently selected to the Best Doctors in America©.
Dr. Kostick has always been enthusiastic about education. He served 4 years as Tulane’s student representative to the Association of American Medical Colleges was Director of Medical Student Education for the Department of Ophthalmology at WVU, and worked a decade on the education committee at Mayo Clinic, including 2 years each as Vice-Chair and Chairman. In addition, he was involved in Mayo’s communication program, patient satisfaction and quality improvement programs. He has lectured across the U.S. and globally and has numerous peer-reviewed publications.
Dr. Kostick comes from a medical and international family. His father was a general surgeon and his mother a registered nurse, both raised in Ireland. Two of his sisters were born in Ireland and two were born in Nigeria, Africa. He was born in Canada and raised in North Dakota. He and wife, Sheri, settled in Jacksonville in 1995 and have 2 sons, Nathan and Noah. In his spare time, he can often be found on the ice playing hockey or helping his wife with her floral design business.
Surgical services offered by David A. Kostick, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Upper blepharoplasty
- Lower blepharoplasty (trans-conjunctival and trans-cutaneous)
- Ptosis repair (internal and external)
- Brow lifts (endoscopic, temporal, direct)
- Mid-Face lift
- Skin resurfacing (chemical peel, laser)
- Scar revisions
- Botox® / Xeomin® / Cosmetic Fillers, Kybella®
- Cosmetic Laser Services: Skin Resurfacing, Facial Veins, Vascular Lesions, Pigmented Lesions
*$150 consultation fee applied to any surgery or service purchased*
- Ptosis repair: internal, external, frontalis suspension
- Entropion repair upper and lower lids
- Ectropion repair upper and lower lids
- Upper and lower lid retraction repair
- Gold and platinum weights for lagophthalmos
- Floppy eyelid syndrome repair
- Excision of lesions (skin tags to complete lid reconstruction)
- Reconstruction: (post-trauma, post-tumor, post-surgical, etc.)
… skin grafts, skin flaps, tarso-conjunctival flaps, AlloDerm ® graft, etc
- Lateral and medial canthoplasty
- Decompression for Graves’ disease
- Orbital fracture repair
- Anophthalmic socket
- Secondary implants
- Contracted socket repair
- Orbital and Lacrimal gland fossa tumors
- Biopsies and excisions
- Reconstruction: (post-trauma, post-tumor, congenital defects, etc.)
- Punctal plugs
- Lacrimal stents
- Dacryocystorhinostomy (external and endoscopic)
- Jones’ tube insertion, replacement, reposition
- Reconstruction: (post-trauma, post-tumor, congenital, canaliculitis, etc.)
- Graves’ disease
- Single stage, intra-operative adjustable strabismus surgery
- Lid retraction repair
- Ocular cicatricial pemphigoid
- Fornix reconstruction with amniotic membrane, AlloDerm®, oral mucosal graft
- Blepharospasm, Hemifacial spasm, Eyelid Apraxia
- Botulinum injections (Botox®, Xeomin®)
- Frontalis suspension
**Participates in most medical insurance plans including Medicare. Most procedures require insurance authorization and may require additional testing and/or visits. Often this is determined after your initial consultation.
Oculoplastics and Ophthalmology
Droopy Brows Affect Quality of Life
What Patients Have to Say about Dr. Kostick
Dr. Kostick was very polite and professional. He did a very thorough exam for my particular problem. He gave me sound advice that seems to be paying off. He provided samples for the eye drops that I needed so I never went without. I am truly appreciative.
A good system for social distancing of appointments. The doctor had a great demeanor and gave me thorough explanations.
This was my first experience with Dr. Kostick and found him to be extremely competent and professional. My surgery and now recovery is going very well. I have already shared Dr. Kostick’s contact information with a friend who is contemplating similar surgery.